Asian Pork Medallions Recipe
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1/2-in. slices
- Hot cooked brown rice, optional
- Sliced green onions, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients until blended.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. In batches, cook pork 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender; remove from pan.
- 3. In same skillet, bring sauce mixture to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Return pork to pan; heat through, turning to coat. If desired, serve with rice and top with green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup (calculated without rice): 202 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 566mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Asian Pork Medallions
"Great flavor! Even using low sodium soy, this was still too salty...will likely dilute next time to try and cut back on salt taste."
"This got rave reviews at my table as well. Super fast, easy, and economical. This would be great alongside some stir-fried vegetables as well!"
"I love trying new recipes. My finicky husband usually gives them mediocre ratings. But this one got two thumbs up and is a keeper. We loved it served over rice. Will make extra sauce next time, for drizzling, as recommended by a previous poster."
"Delicious. Doubled the sauce so we could have extra to drizzle on rice."
"Love love love this recipe!! I tweaked a few things -- like using cornstarch to thicken instead of simmering (it only made the sauce saltier and I use low-sodium soy sauce!) and using more red pepper (I like the spicy!). Making it for extended family tonight and I really think it will go over well! :)"
"I have very few recipes that ever get rated as excellent in my home, but this one got rave reviews."
"So easy and very yummy, this one is a keeper! My husband and kids loved it too! Thanks for sharing."
"Really easy to make and very tasty."