Asian Pear and Dried Cherry Chutney
My wife and I serve this with roast pork or grilled pork chops. The fruits lend a natural sweetness. This spiced chutney also makes a great appetizer with cream cheese and crackers. —Michael Watz, Normal, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 40 min.
Makes12 servings (1/4 cup each)
- 4 cups coarsely chopped Asian or Bosc pears
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until slightly thickened and pears are tender, stirring occasionally. Serve at room temperature or chilled.