Asian Onion Cucumber Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 red onion slices, quartered
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, soy sauce, oil, parsley, sugar and ginger. In a serving bowl, combine cucumber and onion. Add dressing and toss gently to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 85 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jul 29, 2011
I used sesame oil, rice vinegar, and brown sugar, and threw in a bit of garlic. Very light and refreshing.
Aug 31, 2010
These were really good! Definitely make them ahead of time so they have time to soak up some of the dressing! The dressing wasn't overpowering and had a wonderful tast!!