Asian Noodles with Chicken Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/3 cup stir-fry sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the stir-fry sauce, honey and red pepper flakes; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until browned. Add red pepper and onion; cook for 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in sauce mixture. Add cilantro and cook for 1 minute.
- 3. Drain pasta and toss with sesame oil. Serve chicken mixture over pasta; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
TEST KITCHEN TIP Kristin sprinkles the pasta with chopped peanuts, too, and occasionally uses Asian egg noodles.
1 cup: 448 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 768mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Asian Noodles with Chicken