- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped water chestnuts
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared wasabi
- In a small skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the egg, soy sauce, bread crumbs, water chestnuts, garlic and ginger. Crumble sausage over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on an ungreased broiler pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°; drain. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Combine the mayonnaise, rice vinegar, and wasabi; serve with meatballs. Yield: 2 dozen (1/3 cup sauce).
Reviews forAsian Meatballs
"I made this with ground turkey(90/10) to reduce calories and it turned out wonderful. It was a little soft to form though, so I added about 1/2 cup extra bread crumbs. The sauce wasn't good and we ended up tossing it out and made a sesame oil, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar sauce instead. Will definitely make meatballs again!"
"AWESOME!!! Wouldn't change a thing... loved the dipping sauce, also served with general tso and sweet and sour sauce as I doubled the recipe and took to a party, lots of requests for the recipe. Thanks for sharing!!!!"
"We liked the meatballs as a main dish, served over rice. Didn't do the wasabi dip, but found that a little extra soy sauce over the meatballs and rice was just the right touch.We found that the sesame seeds didn't stick after the meatballs were cooked. Perhaps they would stick if they were sprinkled on before or half-way through baking."
"I LOVE these! But I don't like wasabi so i used this dipping sauce instead: 1/2 c hoisin sauce, 1/4 c mayo, 2 1/2 T lime juice"
"Made a double batch for a party and nothing left! Plus everyone asked for the recipe. Huge hit, I did mix well in a stand mixer, not just crumble to combine and they had a very nice smooth texture."
"Oh my goodness!!! These were great. I mixed 1/2 # hamburger and 1/2 # sausage."