Asian Meatball Salad Recipe
To jazz up iceberg lettuce, I tossed in some tangy meatballs flavored with soy sauce and water chestnuts. The homemade dressing is the perfect accompaniment.
- 1 egg
- 6 teaspoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- Additional green onions
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
- 1. In a large bowl, beat egg and 4 teaspoons soy sauce; add water chestnuts, green onions and bread crumbs. Crumble ground beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- 3. Meanwhile, for dressing, combine cornstarch and sugar in a saucepan. Whisk in broth, vinegar and remaining soy sauce until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Arrange meatballs over lettuce; garnish with onions and lemon. Serve with the dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Asian Meatball Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC