Asian Mango Chicken
This unique entree will brighten any table. Its vibrant colors draw you in while the lively blend of flavors will keep you coming back for more. —Jessica Feist, Brookfield, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon sesame or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon green curry paste
- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced peeled cucumber
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Chopped dry roasted peanuts
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the vinegar, garlic, honey and curry paste to the pan; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Return chicken to the pan.
- Combine the mango, onion, cucumber, red pepper and cayenne. Serve with chicken. Sprinkle with peanuts.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 342 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 374mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Singapore Chicken Saute in Taste of Home December/January 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.