Asian Linguine Salad
With loads of vegetables and a delicious lemon-sesame oil dressing, this low-fat pasta toss offers guilt-free enjoyment. “The original recipe called for raw vegetables, but we think they taste so great stir fried this way,” explains Pat Hilmer of Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh snow peas
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 cup canned bean sprouts
- 1 green onion, julienned
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain and place in a large serving bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce, water, lemon juice and sesame oil. Refrigerate 1/4 cup for dressing. Pour remaining mixture over hot linguine; toss to coat evenly.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, stir-fry carrots and red pepper in 3/4 teaspoon olive oil for 2 minutes. Add snow peas and garlic; stir-fry 2 minutes longer. Add to linguine.
- Stir-fry the zucchini, bean sprouts and onion in remaining olive oil for 2 minutes; add to linguine mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, add dressing and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 141 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 415mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.