Asian Green Beans
I love this easy no-stress side dish. These versatile Asian green beans will enhance any main course. —Harriet Stichter, Milford, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook green beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and ginger in oil until tender. Stir broth mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Drain beans; add the beans, mushrooms and water chestnuts to skillet. Stir to coat. Just before serving, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 82 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 502mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable.
Originally published as Oriental Green Bean Casserole in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.