Asian Crunch Salad
A medley of fresh veggies is lightly coated with a dressing of soy sauce, cider vinegar and sesame oil. You can also add carrots for more color, crunch and nutrition.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh snow peas
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- Dash pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, peas and onions. Stir in water chestnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, sesame seeds, olive oil and pepper. Pour over vegetables and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 246 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Asian Crunch Salad in Light & Tasty December/January 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.