Asian Citrus Salmon
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Broil: 10 min.
- 1 medium orange
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Finely grate 1/2 teaspoon peel and squeeze juice from orange; place in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the salmon, soy sauce, onion, oil, garlic and ginger; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Drain and discard marinade.
- Place salmon on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; top with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 382 calories, 25g fat (4g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 475mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 3 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 9, 2014
This is one of the only ways I will eat salmon!
Mar 27, 2012
I didn't like this.
Mar 23, 2012
With the first bite, our taste buds came alive! What a great and pleasing combination of flavors. Instead of broiling, I baked the fillets at 350 for 20 minutes along with some vegetables I was roasting; they were slightly more done than I wanted, but this is another way of preparing them.
Mar 14, 2012
Wonderful, my whole family including teenage boys loved this!
Mar 3, 2012
I am traditionally not a huge salmon fan, but this was the BEST salmon I have ever eaten in my life! The blend of flavors is perfect!