Asian Citrus Salmon
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Broil: 10 min.
- 1 medium orange
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Finely grate 1/2 teaspoon peel and squeeze juice from orange; place in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the salmon, soy sauce, onion, oil, garlic and ginger; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Drain and discard marinade.
- Place salmon on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; top with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 382 calories, 25g fat (4g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 475mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 3 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 9, 2014
This is one of the only ways I will eat salmon!
Mar 27, 2012
I didn't like this.
Mar 23, 2012
With the first bite, our taste buds came alive! What a great and pleasing combination of flavors. Instead of broiling, I baked the fillets at 350 for 20 minutes along with some vegetables I was roasting; they were slightly more done than I wanted, but this is another way of preparing them.
Mar 14, 2012
Wonderful, my whole family including teenage boys loved this!
Mar 3, 2012
I am traditionally not a huge salmon fan, but this was the BEST salmon I have ever eaten in my life! The blend of flavors is perfect!