Asian Chili Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 can (28 ounces) Chinese mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato juice, vegetables, bean sprouts, chili powder and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until thick and bubbly. Garnish with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Pair out-of-ordinary Asian Chii with store-bought egg rolls and fortune cookies for a fun casual meal with little fuss. And for extra ease, keep serving-size portions of chili in the freezer to defrost and reheat in a hurry.
1 each: 166 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 548mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Asian Chili
"I was a little scared to try this one at first, but my husband liked it and he don't like Chinese food, I thought it was just ok"