My husband and I have done extensive traveling during our more than 50 years of marriage. As a matter of fact, I came across this recipe during a visit to Japan. The Asian flavor is a nice change. - Martha Ann Bernard, New Vienna, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 1 hour 20 min.
Makes10 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 can (28 ounces) Chinese mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato juice, vegetables, bean sprouts, chili powder and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until thick and bubbly. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Pair out-of-ordinary Asian Chii with store-bought egg rolls and fortune cookies for a fun casual meal with little fuss. And for extra ease, keep serving-size portions of chili in the freezer to defrost and reheat in a hurry.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 166 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 548mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Oriental Chili in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.