Asian Chicken with Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup prepared balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1 package (12 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in vinaigrette and salad dressing until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the coleslaw mix, mushrooms, red pepper and onion until tender. Add the seasonings. Stir in the chicken; heat through. Drain pasta. Add to chicken mixture; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 320 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 474mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 21, 2017
We had this delicious recipe tonight. I followed the recipe but used green onions since that was all I had. It was easy to prepare and went together quickly. Both hubby and I want to have it again. I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor
Jan 18, 2012
Good recipe, added some horseradish and soy sauce for added flavor but was yummy!
Jan 15, 2012
My son and I enjoyed this but we will make a few substitutions to fit our tastes. It seemed to be missing something.
Jan 13, 2012
I thought this was a great dish and way fewer calories than ordering asian delivery! I did however replace the Italian dressing for an Asian sesame ginger vinagarette by wishbone and still used the balsamic. I ommited the ginger since it was in the dressing and thought the asian flavor was perfect! I also added crushed red pepper flakes because I love spicy. Lastly, in order to cut calories and carbs I used spaghetti squash and it tasted wonderful. Definitely going to make it again and I love that it's healthy.
Jan 5, 2012
I have made it several times. Very easy, quick. The only thing I added different is to add more seasoning than what is called for. My family likes seasonings
Jan 25, 2011
I would have to agree with time2cook. This wasn't the best. It was missing something, but I guess that's why it is considered a "lighter dish".
Aug 3, 2010
I liked it, but needs a little something to add some more flavor. Not sure what to add. A thicker sauce of some kind would be good.
Aug 9, 2009
After quitting smoking 4 months ago, I gained 20 pounds, so started looking for recipes that were low in fat, yet high in flavor. This recipe fits the bill! I made my own Balsamic Viniagrette (balsamic vinegar, chopped garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil) and fresh chopped ginger (1 tsp) and garlic (2 tsp) instead of the ground.I will make this one again!
Jul 30, 2009
Another delicious dish. The packaged slaw mix and pre-sliced mushrooms cut prep time. And I added some zucchini from my garden, which really blended nicely. I didn't realize I was out of ginger, so had to leave that out, and I missed it. I think it would have added that extra asian flavor I was looking for.