Asian Chicken Salad Recipe
"This satisfying salad is crunchy, nutty and sweet all at the same time," relates Barb Mickelson of Glenwood, Iowa. "To speed up preparation, I use chow mein noodles instead of fried wonton wrappers called for in the original recipe," Barb notes.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool. In a large salad bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 cup: 320 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Asian Chicken Salad
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC