Asian Chicken Pasta Salad
Packed with veggies, chicken, pasta and just the right amount of heat, this main-dish salad is definitely special. —Nicole Filizetti, Jacksonville, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved
- 1 can (8 ounces) bamboo shoots
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, broccoli, peas, bamboo shoots and red pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add to salad.