Since my husband and I are empty nesters, this recipe is great for just the two of us, although it could be increased. We both love these tasty sandwiches—especially my husband, who "lives to eat" rather than "eats to live"!
Recommended: 40 Easy Weeknight Dinners for Summer
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Set aside 1/4 cup for basting chicken; cover and refrigerate. Pound chicken breasts to 3/8-in. thickness. Place in a resealable plastic bag; pour remaining marinade over chicken. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight. Discard marinade.
- Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear, basting several times with reserved marinade. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Asian Chicken Grill in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p79
Reviews forAsian Chicken Grill
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2013
"We didn't enjoy this very much. Not much flavor."