Asian Cheese Spread
This Asian cheese spread recipe is pretty simple as is, but to save even more time, leave the block of cream cheese whole and let your guests spoon up what they'd like. If you can't find crystallized ginger, simply substitute with a 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger. —Lori Stefanishion, Drumheller, Alberta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (8 ounces) cold cream cheese, cut into 36 cubes
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Rice crackers
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add the cream cheese cubes; gently toss to coat. To serve, place cream cheese on crackers; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without crackers): 128 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Asian Cheese Spread in Taste of Home December/January 2012