- 3 cups Chinese or napa cabbage
- 1 large navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup julienned peeled jicama
- 1/4 cup chopped watercress
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 3/4 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, orange, jicama and watercress. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, sugar, ginger, soy sauce and pepper. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forAsian Cabbage Slaw
"A slightly different version of this recipe (same name, though) was suggested as a pork chop accompaniment in S&D, Aug/Sep 2016. It was excellent although it did not call for watercress or nuts. I will try including walnuts the next time I prepare it. Since my local grocer no longer carries jicama, I substituted julienned Granny Smith apple with good results."