Asian Cabbage Slaw
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups Chinese or napa cabbage
- 1 large navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup julienned peeled jicama
- 1/4 cup chopped watercress
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 3/4 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, orange, jicama and watercress. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, sugar, ginger, soy sauce and pepper. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 132 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 14, 2017
Perfection combination of taste and health in one place, this lunch recipe is a life saver for people with hectic life, it took me around 15 mins to make this recipe and is super healthy and delicious. Eating well has a great combination of taste and health. Check More recipes try www.healthyrecipes.org . Hope it Helps.
Sep 26, 2016
A slightly different version of this recipe (same name, though) was suggested as a pork chop accompaniment in S&D, Aug/Sep 2016. It was excellent although it did not call for watercress or nuts. I will try including walnuts the next time I prepare it. Since my local grocer no longer carries jicama, I substituted julienned Granny Smith apple with good results.