Asian Cabbage Slaw
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups Chinese or napa cabbage
- 1 large navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup julienned peeled jicama
- 1/4 cup chopped watercress
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 3/4 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, orange, jicama and watercress. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, sugar, ginger, soy sauce and pepper. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 132 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Oct 14, 2017
Perfection combination of taste and health in one place, this lunch recipe is a life saver for people with hectic life, it took me around 15 mins to make this recipe and is super healthy and delicious. Eating well has a great combination of taste and health. Check More recipes try www.healthyrecipes.org . Hope it Helps.
Sep 26, 2016
A slightly different version of this recipe (same name, though) was suggested as a pork chop accompaniment in S&D, Aug/Sep 2016. It was excellent although it did not call for watercress or nuts. I will try including walnuts the next time I prepare it. Since my local grocer no longer carries jicama, I substituted julienned Granny Smith apple with good results.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.