Asian Burgers Recipe
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared wasabi
- 8 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
- 3 cups shredded Chinese or napa cabbage
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- 2. In two large skillets, cook burgers in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise and wasabi; spread over buns. Serve burgers on buns with cabbage. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 508 calories, 31g fat (8g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 787mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Asian Burgers
"Our family enjoyed it. It is really different and has a great flavor."
"really delish, nice change from a regular burger, we grilled, nice crunch, texture and flavors."
"This was a nice twist for a change! If you like potstickers then you'll love this hamburger! It has a great texture and flavor with a nice fresh crunch here and there and the wasabi mayo is a nice touch."
"My family loved these burgers. Lots of flavor and texture. We left out the water chestnuts but kept everything else the same. I loved the Wasabi Mayo for myself but just used regular mayo for the kids. Will definatly make again."
"We LOVED this version of burger! We changed a few things up, but it is really delicious!"