Asian Beef Vegetable Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 10 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, consomme, soy sauce and sugar until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in batches in hot oil for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry onion and celery for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and green onions; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Return beef to the pan. Add spinach. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 233 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 830mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
May 27, 2014
Very tasty. I was out of celery and used celery seed instead. Still had the celery flavor somewhat. Tried this with fresh swiss chard and was just as good as with the spinach. Will try it with Bok Choi next time.
Apr 15, 2013
It was tasty! A little too runny but just add it to more rice. YUMMY!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.