Asian Beef Sliders
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade, divided
- 2 teaspoons Thai chili sauce, divided
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese, quartered
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup marmalade and 1 teaspoon chili sauce. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese; grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted
- Meanwhile, with a 2-in. round biscuit cutter, cut 16 circles from toasts. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine remaining marmalade and chili sauce. Microwave for 20 seconds or until heated through.
- Place burgers on toasts; top with marmalade mixture and remaining toasts.
Nutrition Facts2 sliders: 372 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 29, 2013
Wanted to try this as it only received two stars. I changed the recipe to use 80% lean ground beef. I also added one small jar of beef baby food (to moisten). Also added 1t. garlic powder and a splash of pineapple juice. Instead of Swiss cheese I used American. Served on King's Sweet Hawaiian rolls ... Topped them with sweet and sour sauce. Served pineapple on the side. They were fabulous!
Dec 3, 2012
I wanted to like this but it just didn't have that much flavor. We weren't fans of the orange marmalade sauce on top...