Asian Beef Ribbons
A fellow nurse who also happens to be a fabulous cook shared this recipe with me. We like it served with steamed rice and stir-fried vegetables.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min.
- 1 beef flank steak (3/4 pound)
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Slice meat across the grain into 1/4-in. strips. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the teriyaki sauce, oil, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes; add meat. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning several times.
- Drain and discard marinade. Weave meat onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until desired doneness. Remove from grill or broiler and sprinkle with sesame seeds.