Asian Beef and Noodles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) Oriental ramen noodles, crumbled
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the contents of one ramen noodle flavoring packet; stir until dissolved. Remove beef and set aside.
- In the same skillet, combine the water, vegetables, ginger, noodles and contents of remaining flavoring packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Return beef to the pan and heat through. Stir in onion.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 383 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 546mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Apr 27, 2020
I've made this several times but always used either ground pork or diced pieces of pork. We love it and it goes together quickly.
Mar 30, 2020
I have made this several times, great!!! We tried it with ground chicken and chicken ramen noodkes, just as good. I did add a little Kitchen Bouquet to the chicken when cooking to give it a different color than the n oodles. My family lives this. Thanks for sharung
Mar 11, 2020
My family really liked this but I made some changes. I doubled it for my family. I used fresh ginger and used 1 Tbls Teriyaki Sauce and 4 Tbls Low Sodium Soy Sauce in place of some of the water. I also put the hamburger in with everything before it boiled.
Oct 18, 2019
This is one of our family favorites. Even my wife--who is an extremely picky eater--loves it. I add snow peas and a bit of hosin or tamari sauce and teriyaki sauce to it in addition to the soy sauce. I also use ground chuck which tends to be 80% lean. Other than that I make it as directed.
Oct 7, 2019
This is a recipe we return to often....it's a great weeknight meal that we can tweak to fit our taste (certain veggies.) Our kids like it as much as we do! Can be doubled easily.
Aug 22, 2019
We also used our own spices to adjust things to our taste, but it was a good base recipe and something very quick and simple to get on the dinner table in a hurry!
Aug 7, 2019
I was somewhat afraid to make this dish due to the negative reviews, but I'm glad I did. However, I took heed to the comments regarding it being bland and bumped up the spices and took other's suggestions to make it better. The recipe was used as a base and I made it better using my own touches...isn't that what cooking is all about? Fresh ginger, chopped garlic, instead of frozen vegetables-fresh, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, beef bouillon, etc. Using the stated cooking method, this was a very tasty dish! I give it 4 1/2 stars! It will be made again in our home.
Jul 30, 2019
A bit too soupy for my taste so I added a bit of corn starch
Jun 20, 2019
I have made this at least 10 times since i found it. My son loves it. I make a doubt everytime. I add soy sauce because it does need move flavor.
Mar 22, 2019
Very simple to make. Needs more seasoning.