Asian Beef and Cauliflower Stew Recipe
More Country Woman Soup Recipes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 pounds lean round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 small head cauliflower, separated into florets
- 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium or regular soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot, optional
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- Cooked rice
- 1. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Brown meat on all sides. Add broth; cover and simmer until beef is tender, about 1 hour. Add cauliflower, green pepper, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger root if desired. Cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes. Combine cornstarch, sugar and water. Stir into meat mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in green onions. Serve on rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 165 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 771mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Asian Beef and Cauliflower Stew
"This was very good, even our 6- and 2-year-old boys liked it. We did feel it could have had another flavor component, and decided next time to add mushrooms and/or regular onions as well. All in all, pretty good dinner for being low carb!"
"Amazingly good! My husband and I loved it! Shared some to my co-workers and they like it a lot too! Thanks for sharing... :)"
"VERY tasty. It is a keeper. Thanks for sharing it with us."