- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Chinese-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- Sprinkle pork roast with garlic salt and pepper. Place in a shallow roasting pan lined with heavy-duty foil. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until sauce is reduced to 3/4 cup, about 20-25 minutes, stirring often.
- Brush sauce over pork. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forAsian Barbecued Pork Loin
"Perfection! The sauce is incredible. Best pork loin recipe I've ever made, and I've made a LOT of them."
"This was awesome! I didn't tweak anything on it and had plenty of sauce left when serving to use for dipping the egg rolls in. It was extremely tasty!"
"it was awesome everyone loved it, its hard to please my husband much less a house of 10 but everyone loved it served with Hawaiian rolls, cheesy vegetables, and mashed potatoes it was awesome a new recipe to make many many times...and diabetic friendly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my husband didnt even know i made the sauce he thought it was store bought"
"This is delicious! The sauce goes together quickly and adds such a wonderful flavor to the moist, tender pork roast. The leftovers are delicious chopped and added to homemade fried rice or stirred into cooked spaghetti and sautéed vegetables for a quick and easy lo mein.We enjoyed every mouth-watering morsel. I know I'll be making this again and again."
"Awesome flavor and so easy. The sauce is good with mashed potatoes as well as noodles or rice! Everyone loved it!"
"My whole family enjoyed this recipe. My 1 yr. old even had seconds! Very moist, and juicy and flavorful! I will definitely make this again"