Asian Bacon-Wrapped Scallops
Crunchy chow mein noodles and water chestnuts complement tender scallops in this elegant appetizer. Chili sauce gives the mayonnaise a bit of zip.—Thomas Kolek, Chicago, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 9 bacon strips
- 18 sea scallops (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha chili sauce or 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup canned sliced water chestnuts
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles
- Cut bacon strips in half widthwise. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Wrap a bacon piece around each scallop; secure with toothpicks. Place on a greased baking sheet. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until scallops are firm and opaque.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chili sauce and juice. Remove toothpicks from scallops. Top each with a slice of water chestnut; drizzle with mayonnaise mixture. Sprinkle with chow mein noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 181 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 499mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.