Asian Bacon-Wrapped Scallops
Crunchy chow mein noodles and water chestnuts complement tender scallops in this elegant appetizer. Chili sauce gives the mayonnaise a bit of zip.—Thomas Kolek, Chicago, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 9 bacon strips
- 18 sea scallops (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha chili sauce or 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup canned sliced water chestnuts
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles
- Cut bacon strips in half widthwise. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Wrap a bacon piece around each scallop; secure with toothpicks. Place on a greased baking sheet. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until scallops are firm and opaque.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chili sauce and juice. Remove toothpicks from scallops. Top each with a slice of water chestnut; drizzle with mayonnaise mixture. Sprinkle with chow mein noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 181 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 499mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Asian Bacon Wrapped Scallops in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010