Asian Asparagus Beef Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine or additional chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 pound beef flank steak, cut into strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 6 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water, broth, wine or additional broth and teriyaki sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a small skillet, stir-fry beef in 1 teaspoon oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Stir-fry asparagus in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add beef; heat through. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 353 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 415mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 28, 2012
A little tame on the flavor side, but that is good for my husband who has a sensitive stomach. Overall was very good.
Mar 13, 2009
I just love this recipe. I have added some red onion to it also. Sometimes I use the noodles from Ramen noodle soup and, if I have all the ingredients on hand, I can have dinner on the table in 15 minutes from the time I walk in the door after work. The sesame oil gives lots of flavor.