- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger or 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive or canola oil
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a nonstick skillet, saute the asparagus in oil until tender, about 7 minutes. Add the orange juice mixture and tomatoes; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forAsian Asparagus
"I doubled the sauce for this recipe. I kept all the ingredients the same as indicated, except that I used rice vinegar instead of white wine vinegar. The sauce tasted good at first, but as it sat over the asparagus it became bitter. To compensate, I added some brown sugar, but still wasn't satisfied with the results. Also, didn't care for the added tomatoes. Not sure where the bitter flavor came from, or if it was something I did, but I don't think I'd make this again."
"Very easy to make and very nice flavor. Great for peolpe who don't typically like asparagus."