- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry asparagus in canola oil until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and orange juice mixture; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forAsian Asparagus
"I doubled the sauce for this recipe. I kept all the ingredients the same as indicated, except that I used rice vinegar instead of white wine vinegar. The sauce tasted good at first, but as it sat over the asparagus it became bitter. To compensate, I added some brown sugar, but still wasn't satisfied with the results. Also, didn't care for the added tomatoes. Not sure where the bitter flavor came from, or if it was something I did, but I don't think I'd make this again."
"Very easy to make and very nice flavor. Great for peolpe who don't typically like asparagus."