Asiago Chicken Spread Recipe
The rave-winning recipe is perfect when you want to make something ahead of time. Guests with hearty appetites will love the chunks of chicken, crunchy cashews and Asiago cheese.—James F Korzenowski, Fennville, Michigan
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup salted cashew halves
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Assorted crackers or toasted baguette slices
- 1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute chicken in butter for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in cashews. Remove from the heat; cool.
- 2. In a food processor, combine the mayonnaise, onion, cheese, basil, pepper sauce and chicken mixture; cover and process until blended. Press into a 2-cup bowl; cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 3. If desired, unmold onto a serving platter; serve with crackers or baguette slices. Yield: 2 cups.
2 tablespoons: 98 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Asiago Chicken Spread
Reviewed Mar. 21, 2016
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC