Asiago Chicken Spread
The rave-winning recipe is perfect when you want to make something ahead of time. Guests with hearty appetites will love the chunks of chicken, crunchy cashews and Asiago cheese.—James F Korzenowski, Fennville, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup salted cashew halves
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Assorted crackers or toasted baguette slices
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute chicken in butter for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in cashews. Remove from the heat; cool.
- In a food processor, combine the mayonnaise, onion, cheese, basil, pepper sauce and chicken mixture; cover and process until blended. Press into a 2-cup bowl; cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- If desired, unmold onto a serving platter; serve with crackers or baguette slices.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 98 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 21, 2016
Feb 7, 2011
This is a good recipe to help use that leftover chicken.Very good and easy. Served it at the Super Bowl. Took baguette slices and brushed them with garlic oil before browning them under the broiler. Very nice presentation.