The rave-winning recipe is perfect when you want to make something ahead of time. Guests with hearty appetites will love the chunks of chicken, crunchy cashews and Asiago cheese.—James F Korzenowski, Fennville, Michigan
Recommended: Classy Appetizers for Your Oscars Party
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup salted cashew halves
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Assorted crackers or toasted baguette slices
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute chicken in butter for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in cashews. Remove from the heat; cool.
- In a food processor, combine the mayonnaise, onion, cheese, basil, pepper sauce and chicken mixture; cover and process until blended. Press into a 2-cup bowl; cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- If desired, unmold onto a serving platter; serve with crackers or baguette slices. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Asiago Chicken Spread in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2008, p110
Reviews forAsiago Chicken Spread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 21, 2016