Asiago Beef Tart
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Thinly sliced fresh basil, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a work surface, unroll crust; roll to a 12-in. circle. Press crust onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 11-in. tart pan with removable bottom. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and shallot over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, sour cream, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in cheeses, sun-dried tomatoes, chopped basil and rosemary. Stir into beef mixture; pour into tart shell.
- Bake on a lower oven rack 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is set. Just before serving, add toppings as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 172 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Sep 5, 2019
This tart earned its place onto my FAVORITES list! I omitted the shallot and both toppings, and accidentally used a TABLEspoon of dried rosemary (instead of the 1/4 teaspoon called for). I discovered that I love dried rosemary :) . Looks and tastes great in my tart pan. Thank you to Veronica Callaghan.
Feb 14, 2016
This was very good. I don't have a tart pan, but I still had good results using a springform pan.