Arugula Salad with Berry Dressing
My family enjoys this refreshing salad during the spring and summer months. Sweet strawberries balance the slightly tart balsamic dressing. —Jennifer Kunz, Troy, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Dash salt
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pistachios
- 4 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 3/4 cup fresh blackberries
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup julienned peeled jicama
- For dressing, place 1/4 cup strawberries, vinegar, oil, honey and salt in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
- Roll goat cheese in pistachios; cut into eight slices. Divide the arugula among four salad plates; top each with blackberries, blueberries, jicama, remaining strawberries and two slices of goat cheese. Drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups salad with 4 teaspoons dressing: 159 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Originally published as Arugula Salad with Berry Dressing in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.