- 4 cups fresh arugula or spinach
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, shredded
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Pulse arugula, basil, pine nuts, garlic and 1 teaspoon salt in a food processor until chopped. While processing, gradually add 1/4 cup oil in a steady stream until mixture is smooth. Using a shredder or spiralizer, shred zucchini lengthwise into long strands.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add zucchini strands and chicken. Cook and stir until zucchini is crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add tomatoes, pesto, pepper and remaining salt; toss to coat. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve using a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forArugula Pesto Chicken
"I wasn't sure pesto with arugula would be something we'd like, but it was a nice surprise! I like how this recipe uses ingredients that seemed to be ready in our garden at the same time. We like our pesto very garlicky, so I upped the amount of garlic in it. Other flavorful cheeses work well in place of the grated Parmesan."