The light green, fresh-tasting dressing is the perfect accompaniment for steamed artichokes. CW's test kitchen staff liked the dip so much, they suggested making a double batch and thinning it down with a little milk to use as a regular salad dressing.
Recommended: What to Eat When It's Too Hot to Cook
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 medium artichokes
- 1 package (12.3 ounces) silken firm tofu
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh mint or 1-1/4 teaspoons dried mint
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-1/2 teaspoons honey mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the artichokes upside down in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of boiling water. Cover and steam for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, for dressing, combine the remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Serve with artichokes. Yield: 4 servings (1 cup dressing).
Originally published as Artichokes with Lemon-Mint Dressing in Country Woman March/April 2006, p48