"I do volunteer work one evening a week and leave a meal behind for my family," relates Emily Perez of Alexandria, Virginia. "On one occasion, I left this made-in-minutes medley. When I came home, my husband said it was the best pasta dish I'd ever fixed!"
Recommended: 32 Favorite Mediterranean Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 packages (4.6 ounces each) garlic and olive oil vermicelli mix
- 1 can (16 ounces) artichoke hearts, undrained and quartered
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) light water-packed tuna
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cider or red wine vinegar
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, minced
- In a saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Stir in vermicelli with contents of seasoning packets, artichokes, tuna, peas, oil, vinegar and garlic. Return to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until vermicelli is tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke Tuna Toss in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p36