Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cans (5 ounces each) albacore white tuna in water
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cut bread in half lengthwise (save one half for another use). Brush bread with oil. Place cut side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Rub cut sides of garlic clove over bread; discard garlic.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, garlic powder and pepper. Stir in tuna and artichokes.
- Arrange spinach over bread; top with tuna mixture, tomatoes and cheese. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into six slices.
1 slice: 533 calories, 31g fat (6g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 1070mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.