Refrigerated pie pastry gives me a head start in this wonderful recipe. You can also serve these bite-size quiches as a special appetizer. —Kelly Thornberry, La Porte, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 packages (15 ounces each) refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 pitted ripe olives
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Coarsely ground pepper
- Roll each pastry sheet into a 10x8-in. rectangle. Using a 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter, cut out 12 circles from each rectangle. Press pastry rounds onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and salt. Cut each olive into four slices. Place 1 heaping teaspoonful of artichokes in each prepared cup; top with an olive slice and 1 teaspoon of cheese. Pour egg mixture into cups to within 1/4 in. of the top.
- Sprinkle with pepper. Bake at 375° for 22-26 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 171 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Mini Artichoke Quiches in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005
Dec 3, 2011
I made this for my guests at a Pampered Chef holiday. It was the favorite appetizer of the party. I used more artichokes and less of the egg/cream mixture. Super Good!