Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 cup canned water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the oil and vinegar; brush over both sides of mushrooms. Place mushrooms stem side down on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the artichokes, roasted peppers, oregano, salt and pepper. Turn mushrooms over; broil 2 minutes longer. Fill with artichoke mixture; drizzle with dressing.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 225 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 952mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 vegetable, 2 fat.
Sep 1, 2010
My husband is a burgers and fries kind of guy, and believe it or not, he actually loves these healthy stuffed portobellos! They are super easy to make! Definitely a keeper!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.