Artichoke Spinach Lasagna Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (16 ounces) roasted garlic Parmesan or roasted garlic Alfredo sauce
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese or feta cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried oregano, parsley flakes and basil
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth, artichokes, spinach and seasonings; bring just to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in Alfredo sauce; remove from heat.
- 2. Spread 1 cup sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles and 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers three times. Top with remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with feta cheese, garlic powder and herbs.
- 3. Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until noodles are tender. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Test Kitchen Tips
1 piece: 269 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 755mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Artichoke Spinach Lasagna
"This was absolutely delicious. Really good the next day! I will make this again and again. I did add a few capers! So So good! Everyone raved about it!"
"Love cooking and love to switch things up a bit so I made this for dinner the other night and everyone really liked it. Didn't have jar Alfredo sauce so I had to make my own and I used cooked noodles. It was still good."
"Has any one used boiled noodles"
"My sister made this over the holiday and it was fantastic. Will definitely keep this recipe as a "fav.""
"I made this for a holiday party for my family yesterday. It turned out really good. I even preassembled everything the day before and baked it the day of the party, which really cut the prep time for the party the next day."
"My family really liked this recipe. I'd use less broth next time, the sauce got a little runnier than I'd like. Great recipe, the flavors were great. I did use whole wheat lasagna noodles, for a healthier version."
"I am giving it a 5 star rating because of changes suited to my taste. I made my own vegetable broth with garden fresh tomatoes, added the artichoke liquid which gives it a great flavor, used fresh spinach, and instead of alfredo sauce, I made my own tomato sauce. I also had wheat lasagna noodles on hand so I substituted that for the regular. It was delicious."
"This was so incredibly good. I just made it and had a serving... I think I'm going for seconds!!!I fail to see how it serves 12 though..."
"Delish! i used homemade alfredo sauce & brown rice noodles to make this dish g-free."
"I was kind of nervous about this, but seeing all the positive reviews I thought I'd give it a shot. It was so AMAZING! I can't wait to make it again! I forgot to get mushrooms so I made it without them, and it was still great. I just can't get over how awesome this recipe is. Thank you so much!"
"This was very good, will definitely make again. Turned out great with no modifications, other than all organic ingredients. As a vegetarian, I give this two thumbs up!"
"A family favorite! I always put in extra mushrooms (portabella) to give it a heartier flavor."
"this dish can be a bit pricey to make but it,s worth it. like one of the past reviewers suggested! I doubled the amount of mushrooms and it was delicious."
"very easy and amazing but I think next time I might add more than half a cup of mushrooms."
"Made this for vegetarian family members for Christmas. It was hit and everyone tried it and liked it. Have made it a few times since."
"Everyone loves this!"
"Served it with fried chicken to a group of guys and this lasagna was finished first."
"I split this into two 9-inch pans and put one in the freezer, and also added cut up meatballs to the sauce. It was delicious! Definitely keeping this recipe in my collection!"
"This was absolutely fabulous. I added chicken to the recipe as well for an additional protein source. I made this for company and everybody raved about it. Will definately make again."
"Jarred Alfredo sauce being ungodly, I made my own sauce which was easy enuf and this dish was delicious"
"I have made this many, many times. This is a great recipe...I make my own Alfredo sauce."
"A very good comfort dish. Plus healthy."
"Excellent! Great favor combination!! easy to prepare......"
"Excellent, unique taste. Only suggestion would be to start with a layer of noodles and build up, so sauce is on top. Otherwise the top noodles get hard."
"This was an amazing dish, and hubby and I are not vegetarians! Definitely adding this to our keepers list! Wow!!!"
"Like an appetizer made into a meal - delish!"
"At the end of the first paragraph it is referred to as "pasta sauce". Hope this helps."
"where does the 16 oz jar of alfredo sauce come into the directions? I'm confused. I think this recipe needs clarification."