- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed quartered artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of shrimp soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place the shrimp, artichokes and onions in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; set aside. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and red pepper in butter until tender. Stir in the soup, sour cream, sherry or broth, Worcestershire sauce, lemon peel and white pepper; heat through. Pour over shrimp mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forArtichoke Shrimp Bake
"If I could've found all of the correct ingredients at the store, it would've been better."
"I made this for overnight guests on Black Friday for lunch. Turned out excellent, although I did add minced garlic. Burgers76, no one should be "ashamed" about anything. Modify the [expletive] recipe if you don't like it but quit the Food Police mentality."
"This was good, but not as much flavor as I was expecting. Seemed like it was missing something...if I made it again, I would saute some garlic with the mushroom and red pepper."
"Fabulous! And to burger:Many of us are great cooks and know how to alter a recipe to lower sodium if we want to. Lowering your sodium intake would be your job not the job of this site.Thanks Taste of Home for all the wonderful recipes."
"This was very yummy! Was not aware though of the sodium content when I made it though...tis very high. Def. not an every week meal. To help cut down on sodium I would reccomend using healthy Request Campbells Condensed Cream of Chix"
"Great recipe! I used chopped onions, lean sour cream, olive oil instead of butter, and Madeira for the sherry. Very flavorful."
"i wouldn't make this recipe--3 times too much sodium. you should be ashamed putting in your website."
"I loved this and so did my husband. I only used 8oz of lg shrimp and chopped onions and thought it turned out wonderful."