Artichoke Rye Toasts Recipe
Quick, light and cheesy, Joann Guzolik’s mouthwatering artichoke bites make irresistible finger food for guests of all ages at her home in West Leechburg, Pennsylvania.
- 24 slices snack rye bread
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Place the bread on ungreased baking sheets; spritz with butter-flavored spray. In a small bowl, combine the artichokes, cheeses and cayenne. In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff; fold into artichoke mixture.
- 2. Spread over bread; sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
2 slices: 78 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Artichoke Rye Toasts
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC