Artichoke-Pepperoni Tossed Salad
Angie Smith of Clarksville, Tennessee modeled this colorful and festive salad after one she and husband Bob first tasted in an Italian restaurant. “It’s so fast, fresh and goes with almost any pasta meal I make,” she says. “It takes only minutes to prepare, and you can vary the recipe by substituting different cheeses or Italian ham. ”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend, optional
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, artichokes, cheese if desired, pepperoni, onion and pimientos. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 164 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 708mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Italian Salad in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.