Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup crushed saltines (about 10 crackers)
- In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in artichokes. Remove from the heat; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, parsley, salt, pepper, oregano and hot pepper sauce. Stir in the cheese, cracker crumbs and artichoke mixture.
- Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Cool for 10-15 minutes before cutting into 1-in. squares. Serve warm.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 16, 2015
These are really tasty, easy to make and can be made ahead of time.
Feb 4, 2013
Hosting over 10 parties a year, I am always looking for something new to put on the appetizer table. These are easy to make, very tasty, and perfect fingerfood for casual parties.
Aug 4, 2008
use egg beaters and fat free cheese will cut the calories and be good for you