- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup crushed saltines (about 10 crackers)
- In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in artichokes. Remove from the heat; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, parsley, salt, pepper, oregano and hot pepper sauce. Stir in the cheese, cracker crumbs and artichoke mixture.
- Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10-15 minutes before cutting into 1-in. squares. Serve warm. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews forArtichoke Nibbles
"These are really tasty, easy to make and can be made ahead of time."
"Hosting over 10 parties a year, I am always looking for something new to put on the appetizer table. These are easy to make, very tasty, and perfect fingerfood for casual parties."
"use egg beaters and fat free cheese will cut the calories and be good for you"