Artichoke ‘n’ Fennel Lasagna
This lasagna is so full of different flavors and textures that you'll never miss the meat. The aroma of Italy fills the kitchen as it bakes!
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 2 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb (about 1 large)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar (12 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1-1/4 cups prepared pesto
- 1 cup Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix
- In a large skillet, saute fennel in oil for 10-13 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Remove from the heat; stir in the artichokes, pesto and Alfredo sauce. Set aside. Combine the cheeses; set aside.
- Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with three noodles and the fennel mixture. Layer with three noodles, cheese mixture and remaining noodles. Combine red peppers and remaining spaghetti sauce; spread over the top. Sprinkle with salad dressing mix.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 512 calories, 33g fat (14g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 1294mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Love That Lasagna in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2007