Artichoke & Mushroom Toasts
Our winters can get cold here, so I like to warm up holiday guests with oven-fresh appetizers. Crunchy bread slices are topped with mushrooms, artichokes and a blend of cheeses. —Nancy Mueller, Bloomington, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 5 min.
- 36 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Place bread on baking sheets; brush with 2 tablespoons oil. Broil 4-6 in. from heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms with Italian seasoning in butter and remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place artichokes in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Add mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese; cover and process until blended. Spread over toast slices; top with mushrooms and sprinkle with Swiss cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 4-6 minutes or until cheese is melted.
To Make Ahead: Prep the toasts earlier in the day and store on baking sheets in the refrigerator. Sprinkle with Swiss cheese just before baking.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 118 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.