This open-faced egg and artichoke melts are a favorite at Jill Gross' home in Roselle, Illinois. "The Dijon mustard adds a nice zip, making them more exciting than plain grilled cheese," she says. "When my husband can't make it home for dinner, I treat myself to this sandwich instead of making a whole meal."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 slices rye or pumpernickel bread
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- In a bowl, combine the artichokes, cheese, mayonnaise, mustard and thyme; set aside. Place bread on a baking sheet; broil 4 in. from the heat until toasted. Turn over. Place egg slices on untoasted side of bread; spread with artichoke mixture. Broil for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and top is golden brown.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.